How Does It Work?
All body and facial hair goes through three distinct phases of growth: Anagen, Catagen and Telogen. At any time, 85% of your hair is in the active growth Anagen phase which is when you get the best results from a laser hair removal treatment. Lasers use different wavelengths to target the hair follicle, heat it, and destroy it whilst leaving the surrounding skin untouched. The damaged follicle is will not be able to produce any further hair.
Consultation And treatment
During your consultation, the areas to be treated will be assessed and a patch test will be undertaken. The first session can take place 48 hours after test patch has been completed. Aftercare requirements will be discussed with you before scheduling your next appointment. The best results are achieved with regular treatments due to the hair growth phases.
After your session, the hairs will grow through your skin over the next two to three weeks. As a result of the treatment, the growth may be slower and hair can appear finer and sparser. After two to three weeks, in the post treatment stage, the hairs will fall away from the skin. You will then be hair-free for a number of weeks before the new regrowth will appear. Over the course of the treatments, the area will become finer with patchiness.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
Multiple treatments are needed because only the hair in the active growth phase, the Anagen phase, can be affected by the laser. Time is needed for hairs in the Catagen and Telogen phases to move into the Anagen phase. Effective results require treatments spread evenly and consistently, from four to eight weeks, depending on the face or body area.
What Areas Of My Body Can Be Treated?
Almost every area of the body can be treated, common areas include face, legs, bikini, underarms and back & shoulders. There are some areas that cannot be treated, which include under the eyebrows, inside the nostrils, over the nipple area and inside the ears.
For laser hair removal to be effective, the hair needs to be present in the follicle. This means waxing, threading and tweezing must be avoided before the treatment. You’ll also need to avoid bleaching your hair as the laser needs pigmented follicles to target. You can shave in between treatments. Laser treatment cannot be used on tanned skin either real or fake. Avoid sun exposure for 4 weeks prior to treatment, use a sun block and do not apply tanning creams. You must stop any acid based products such as Retinol, Glycolic and Salicylic at least 1-2 weeks before each treatment.
Advantages Of Laser Hair Removal Treatment
- The biggest advantage of laser hair removal is getting rid of unwanted hair growth.
- Laser hair removal treatment is the most effective of all treatments.
- Laser hair removal is suitable for removing hair from all parts of the body.
- It is much less painful than waxing, plucking, threading, and electrolysis.
- The procedure involved in laser treatment is fast and quick.
- If there is hair re-growth after treatment, it will be finer and lighter in texture as compared to before.
- Laser hair removal rarely comes with complications.
- Laser hair removal gives smooth skin and enhances the beauty of the person. It is also safe for sensitive areas near eyes and mouth.